At Super Summer, we seek to provide a safe and wholesome environment where all children are respected and have an equal opportunity for learning. It is our desire to offer care and instruction that is meaningful and of high quality. While it is our hope that all will participate in Super Summer, we cannot risk the happiness of the group or safety of any. Therefore, all participants must follow each of the following guidelines:
- At all times, children and youth must stay with their assigned group.
- While no one will be forced to participate in the group activities, participation is encouraged. Should a child not feel like participating (sickness, injury, or choice), they will be allowed to do so provided their behavior does not interrupt the activity or disturb the other children.
- Acts of disrespect are not acceptable.
- hitting another child/adult leader
- leaving a group activity without permission
- (It is impossible to adequately care for your child if he/she is not in our presence)
- maliciously calling names
- repeated and intentionally distracting the group activities
These acts will result in the following consequences:
- 1st time: Camp coordinator will talk with the child about the act. Participant will be allowed to remain at camp;
parents will be notified
- 2nd time: Parents will be called and asked to pick up child from that day's activities
- 3rd time: Same as above. Child will not be allowed to return fro the rest of the week
- 4th time: Opportunity to participate in Super Summer activities will be terminated
We ask that you share these guidelines with your children and explain the consequences of not following them. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the church. We will be happy to discuss any of the above with you.