Rev. Ronald Huffman,
Intentional Interim Pastor
Pastoral ministry is the central theme of my life journey. I am profoundly grateful to God for the variety of people, cultures and ministry experiences which served to broaden my knowledge of and appreciation for contextualized ministry in the rural, suburban, urban, resort and international military communities I served. The joy derived from being a partner in God’s creative work continues to inspire me to remain receptive to God’s calling and to new opportunities to serve in creative ways.
- Intentional Interim, Nashua Baptist Church: Nashua New Hampshire 2015-2016
- Director of Missions, Western Connecticut Baptist Association: New Britain, CT 1994-2008
- Pastor, Middletown Baptist Church: Middletown, RI 1991-1994
- Pastor, New Colony Baptist Church: Billerica MA 1983-1991
- Master of Sacred Theology, Yale Divinity School, New Haven, Connecticut 2013-2015
- Master of Divinity, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky 1975-1978
- Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, Kentucky January terms 1976/1977 (Audit)
- Hartford Seminary, 1995 (Paul and the Urban Church)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of the Cumberlands, Williamsburg, Kentucky 1972-1975
- Attended the University of Kentucky 1971-1972
Dr. Keith Wilcox, Minister of Music & Worship
As Minister of Music, my goal is to lead this congregation in praise and worship that is due only to our Father, and our Lord and Savior. Psalms gives us the directions as how to worship God: “Enter into His gates with Thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Whether it is through lending your voice during the time of congregational singing, meditating on the words that the choir sings, or what the instruments play, all are acts of worship.
I am a native of Missouri, where I graduated from what is now the University of Central Missouri (go Mules!), with a Bachelor of Music Education and a Master of Arts degree. Upon graduation I taught music in both a public school (in Missouri), and a church school (in Florida). It was while teaching at the later that the Lord called me into music ministry. Previous to coming to New Colony I have ministered in churches in Florida, Illinois, Arizona, Texas, and most recently in South Carolina.In between my time of ministering in Illinois and Arizona I did take the time to obtain my Doctor of Musical Arts degree at the Conservatory of Music at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC). I am greatly blessed to be living with my mother, Emily, in Tewksbury.
Some of the things that I enjoy doing the most are listening to classical music or jazz (besides Christian music), traveling (I have been in 45 of the 50 states, and 16 foreign countries), reading – especially anything about the Bible, history, music, fine arts, architecture, archeology, and Tolkien , antiquing, and genealogy. I also love watching a lot of the programs on PBS (thank you, WGBH), and HGTV. Living here is finally going to allow me to enjoy many of the things I love to do without having to go very far to do them.